1. Out of bounds
- Beyond any of the course boundary hedges and fences.
- The Clubhouse and adjacent paved areas, the Professional’s Shop and gardens, on or over the paved path between the Professional’s Shop and the Clubhouse, the Practice Putting Green and surrounding flower beds and all car parks.
- The Cottage and Garden between the 5th tee and 12th green.
Young trees requiring protection are identified:
- Clearly defined within a white line area.
- The tree has a protective sheath or is staked.
- If such a tree interferes with a player’s stance or the area of intended swing, the ball must be lifted, without penalty and dropped in accordance with the procedure described in Rule 24- 2(b) (1) (Immovable Obstruction).
3. Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions. Rule 24-1 applies.
4. Immovable obstructions (Rule 24-2)
- All shelters, machinery used for maintenance of the Course, water taps, manhole covers and any artificial surfaces and paths are deemed to be immovable obstructions. A ll other paths are deemed to be integral parts of the Course.
- Sprinkler heads - All sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from interference by them may be obtained under Rule 24-2.
- The wooden sleepers in the bunker on the 10th hole are an integral part of the Course. No relief from interference from them is obtainable except under penalty under Rule 28.
5. Temporary Greens
- Any Temporary or Normal Green not in play, other than those contiguous with each other, will be deemed a wrong putting green.Rule 25-3 applies.
- When a Temporary Green, which is contiguous with a Normal Green is in play the latter will be considered an extension of the Temporary Green.
- Players are requested never to chip from contiguous Temporary Greens.
Please refer to 4a above.
Penalty for breach of local rules:
Match Play - Loss of Hole;
Stroke Play - Two Strokes.